1/14/10

Be


I started re-reading Byron Katie's book "A Thousand Names For Joy: Living in harmony with the way things are". 

"The litmus test for self-realization is a constant state of gratitude. This gratitude is not something you can look for or find. It comes from another direction, and it takes you over completely. It's so vast that it can't be dimmed or overlaid. The short version would be "mind in love with itself." ....When you live your life from that place of gratitude you've come home."

This passage struck me and I haven't read beyond it yet. Just attempting to feel it and be it. At this point I feel like I have to consciously think about being grateful, it doesn't always or even frequently come naturally for my mind to be filled with gratitude. Her words make sense to me though. To have gratitude be something that takes me over completely as a part of my living and breathing would be humbling. In expressing "mind in love with itself", although challenging, I understand the benefit of loving all of the directions my mind goes even though it can also take me to not so nice places. Ahhh, the classroom of life, it keeps me on my toes.



No comments:

Post a Comment